store

Highest Value 4 Letter .CA Domain Ever Listed on Flippa!

Warning: Illegal string offset 'disable_silo' in /home/academy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/page-one-plugin/page_one_plugin.php(3) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 367

Here is a rare opportunity to watch the progress of the sale of a truly PREMIUM domain name.

Win $100 if you have the closest guess (without going over) as to what this domain name will sell for at end of auction!

If nothing else, you’ll get a glimpse into the real-time selling of an ultra-premium domain name.

My friend Ron Davies is the owner of Beef.ca (.ca is a Canadian domain) and he has listed it on Flippa.com.

This domain is worth tens of thousands, and if the right people find it, I would not be surprised if it goes into six figures.

The auction started with just a $1 reserve, and as of this writing, is up to $655 with 32 bids, and there are 27 days left to the auction.

It’s not often that we get to watch such a huge sale in the making!

Here is the Flippa listing.

CONTEST!

I thought it would be FUN to give my readers a chance to have a little contest.

Can YOU guess the final selling price of this domain? If you guess a price that is the closest to the actual winning selling price at the end of this auction, without going OVER the final price, you’ll win $100!

I convinced Ron to pay $100 to whoever, among my readers, would have the winning guess.

RULES:
1) You MUST post your guess in a comment below.
2) You must enter your guess by September 20, midnight, EST.
3) The winning guess must be the closest to the actual selling price of this domain name without going over that price.
4) You may guess as often as you’d like, but ONLY your very last guess will count.
5) In the event of a tie, the FIRST one to guess the price based on the comment time stamp will be the winner.
6) The $100 prize will be paid via PayPal, by Ron Davies the owner of the domain name.
7) I reserve the right to eliminate any participant in this contest, for any reason I deem fit and necessary.
8) I reserve the right to END this contest if I feel it is necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, without a prize being given.
9) I reserve the right to amend these rules as I deem fit and necessary. Remember, this is all in good fun.
10) No purchase or bid necessary.

So what say you? How much do YOU think BEEF.CA will sell for?

(Please do not use this to post any links that are not directly related to this topic).

Please take a moment to Share! Thank you, Gene

71 Responses to “Highest Value 4 Letter .CA Domain Ever Listed on Flippa!”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Bryan says:

Saw this on flippa’s twitter feed. Could be interesting.

My guess:

$67,000

2. Pham Minh Duc says:

75000 US Dollars

3. John says:

$147,367, give or take a farthing. πŸ™‚

4. Liz says:

Canadian beef is good but cattlemen are cheap : ) so no more than 243,000.00

5. Michael says:

$37,984.00

6. Eibhlin says:

In my opinion, it should sell for about $12,000. A high bid in the vicinity of $20k would not surprise me, but my guess is $12k.

The current bid is so ridiculously low, I may bid on it, myself!

7. That’s exciting! Congratulations to Ron, I’m sure Beef.ca will be sold at a VERY high price!

8. John says:

I’m going to say $44,250.

9. Paulette says:

My guess is 12,000.

10. Charlie M says:

US $13,500.

11. Rhonda says:

I guess $25,000 US.

Considering I live in beef territory here in Alberta, Canada if the cattle companies/beef companies in this province hear about it, the price could skyrocket though.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.

• Ron Davies (beef.ca owner) says:

Hi Rhonda, if you are the one that brings the beef companies, I will reward your efforts generously πŸ™‚

12. Well, considering the Buy It Now price is $125,000, that’s my guess. πŸ™‚

I’ll be watching!

13. Debora Humphries says:

This should be interesting and fun. I am going to take a guess and say it sells for $87,250 US.

14. Jan says:

As a .com this one would be huge.

As a .ca probably still very good money – my guess $26,893 – Canadian!

15. David Coleman says:

Thanks for the opportunity. I’m going with $47,500

16. Zee says:

Okay, for the right buyer I can see it going for the BIN price of $125,000.

All the best Ron!

17. Usha says:

Hey Gene,

Great idea for a contest! My guess? The number that comes to mind is $80,000. πŸ™‚

Usha

18. I’m going with $67,240. For now…

19. Lynne Ivatt says:

Well for some reason I have $37,650 in my head so that’s my entry πŸ™‚

Thanks
      Lynne

20. Jesse says:

Probably get ridiculed, but….

$6,000

1. Flippa is not for end users, only wholesalers. So without a valid website, they need to sell it for more than this to a cattlefarmer or beef company.

2. Restricted to Canadian Market. Beef.com would go in excess of 50,000, but Beef.ca would not be as high in demand.

• Gene says:

Ridiculed? No. It’s a very valid assessment. When it comes to a public auction like Flippa, which as you stated is mainly wholesale, anything can happen. The main question is whether or not the right eyeballs land on that listing.

21. Lary says:

Wishing Ron only the best for his sale.

With Estibot’s value of only $1100 and the actual bid price over $800 w/ 27 days left, it could be a feeding frenzy towards the end.

$87,900 USD

What ever the final outcome will be, it will be more than he paid for it and am sure he will be grateful! And THAT’S the name of the game!

Keep us posted!

22. I’m going with $29,700.

Just a number, we’ll see.

23. Frank says:

$195.000 is my guess

24. Mike says:

I’m going to say just about $3,000 because it is a .ca domain.

Although it could be worth more to a business in Canada. I always hear how the other domain extensions don’t get any respect for SEO from Google but this could be a new business of selling short domains in another market.

These are probably valuable in the country that uses these domains for their local market.

I don’t really know just guessing. This could be shot way out of the ballpark if contacted laser target prospects.

25. My guess is around $4,500 because I, like Mike, think the domain is a .ca one. I’ll be surprised if it sells for higher price, however I wish the seller good luck and a nice profit.

26. Rick Perkins says:

I don’t think it will reach the “buy now” price. The Canadian Beef Association ought to have a “beefy” ad budget. My guess is $44,000. USD

27. Mike says:

My absolute guess is $22,500. USD.

28. Alex says:

$28195
      πŸ™‚

29. Mark says:

My guess – $17,050 USD

30. Hello,

I’m thinking this name will go for around $44,000 but has the potential to go much higher. I wish you the best of luck in your sale!

Cheers

Blake A. Worthington

31. Sorry make that $44,028 as another member guessed 44k already πŸ˜‰

32. Adriana says:

I think it will go for $17,700 USD

33. Dean says:

I would say about $49,749. as the final price.

34. Blogger says:

$70.000

My 2 cents ;P

35. Ken says:

Beef.com sold for $150,000 back in the day, so I’ll guess that beef.ca will sell for a smaller percentage of that price. I’ll go with $37,500 as the final selling price, but I’m sure that it could go higher if the deep pockets jump into the fray.

BTW, Gene, what is the best way to secure a good selling price for a domain? Auction? Contacting end user?

36. RustyK. says:

Well seeing that BIN is at $125,000 and the .com sold for $150,000

If its doesn’t sell at BIN then my guess would be between $75,000 and $100,000

But most likely someone will pick it up at BIN.

My guess is BIN $125,000

37. Alek Zelnins says:

My guess will be around $15,000

38. Luis says:

My guess is $101,717

39. Leslie says:

I’m going to go with $48,520 (just a wild guess) if it doesn’t get picked up at the BIN price.

40. 119.450

Unless — of course — he withdraws the BIN price toward the end.

41. Anne Groom says:

I’ll say $25,225.

I’ve just prepared beef for our evening meal lol

42. Rob says:

I will guess $95,000 USD

Good luck with the sale!

43. Paul Omego says:

My guess is $5,700

44. Steve says:

I’m guessing $30,000

45. Derrick Rose says:

beef.ca huh?

I will guess $142,001.

46. Anthony says:

$141,000..like every one is saying if the deep pockets get wind of it, it may jump up there.

47. Kevin says:

$39,667 — good luck!

48. I am going to guess a final price of $23,500

49. Jeff says:

$48,250………

50. Brian says:

Good luck Ron and Rick. I’ll guess the domain name goes for $92,500

51. Joseph says:

Hi Ron, I considering $15,000 at the end of the auction anyway I’ll watch and see how it fares on Flippa.

52. See it’s reached Reserve and the Bidder is a first timer who’s bid 3 times for it – must be hungry for beef (sorry!) , so my guess is 17,200 US

53. Gene says:

Thank you all for your guesses, and good luck! Those that posted after the 20th, please be aware that the rules above state: “2) You must enter your guess by September 20, midnight, EST.” Your vote won’t count after the 20th, but it’s fun anyway πŸ™‚

Gene

54. Simon says:

Think 8500 would be quite close.
      Great domain but need those end users before the big prices will be realised.
      Not really sure why the focus is on the number of letters this domain has. The focus should be on the generic keyword and the potential to build a brand round the generic keyword and cctld together.
      Like trying to sell ace.ca and saying its potential is due to the number of letters.

Best of luck

• Ron Davies says:

Shortness continues to be one of the most important criterion in domain name value, as demonstrated by the last 2500 sales of domains that are single word generic terms. The shorter ones that are actual words always out price the longer comparable term.

I agree it is in part about building a brand.

Tie that brand value to easy to remember, generic, major industry globally, and you have a killer formula.

55. Simon says:

Fair point Ron,
      If you haven’t already it may be worth reaching out to the canadian bull semen companies
      there is decent money in bull semen to ensure herds have solid genetic traits.
      The price per straw of semen can be quite impressive.

56. People says:

Hey.. I know it’s too late to place guess for the final price – but a question… is this for CAD or US price.. lol . I’ll still guess and say $8750.01 US

57. Sonit Garg says:

I think just ver 10,000 so i think it should be 10,200

58. Angeline says:

Although if i were a beef dealer i would have taken this for anything the buyer would have asked for but neither i am a beef dealer nor i have got that much money ….. but in any case i think this site will be sold on around for $5500 or so πŸ™

59. Gene says:

Congratulations to Dennis Becker! Dennis’ guess of $8,900 was the closest to the final selling price ($10,800), without going over. I will be in touch to arrange payment of your $100 prize. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy!

Leave A Comment...

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

guidelines